I like that the full ChessCraft game is free and ad-free, and yet it is monetized. It has been a challenge describing this monetization strategy succinctly. I wish there were a word for it. In this post I'll explore how words like "donationware", "freemium", and "nagware" aren't a good fit …
This amazing release has the most new piece and board rules ever in a single update! I've also added seven new languages. As usual, it may take a few days for Google to make the update available to everyone.
I must extend a special thanks to Politique 2.0, Maria …
Richard Stallman may be a legend in the world of software, but he also has decades of history promoting a toxic environment in software communities. Due to this, the Free Software Foundation (FSF) has been pressured to kick out Stallman from the board of directors, which they did, though he …
I thought this was a small update, but then I reviewed all my changes and I surprised myself!
- Collect "relics" in adventure mode.
- Be a spectator with the new AI versus AI mode.
- Occasional ambient music.
- Bishop/Rook slide range editor increased from 0-3 to 0-5
- Choose piece movement animation …
The privately employed
May say they're annoyed
about public servant perks.
What they fail to note
(and it's fair that they don't)
is that zombification lurks.
Zombies are not happy,
humans need to be scrappy.
Hold on to your fire,
stir the pots and aspire.
Are you a zombie?
This small update is all about convenience features and bugfixes.
- Fixed a bug where the AI thinks a very long time then makes illegal moves.
- Undo button in the board editor.
- Drag release drift.
- Swap button for white/black when placing pieces in the board editor.
- New piece abilities: move …
Before I ramble too much about the random board generator, I must thank:
- Luigi Annicchiarico
- Johan Estévez
- Selianin Alexander
- for volunteering to fully and thoroughly edit my Italian, Spanish, and Russian translations! This was a lot of work. More than most people may realize. Internally, ChessCraft has over 500 different …