I like that the full ChessCraft game is free and ad-free, and yet it is monetized. It has been a challenge describing this monetization strategy succinctly. I wish there were a word for it. In this post I'll explore how words like "donationware", "freemium", and "nagware" aren't a good fit …
This amazing release has the most new piece and board rules ever in a single update! I've also added seven new languages. As usual, it may take a few days for Google to make the update available to everyone.
I must extend a special thanks to Politique 2.0, Maria …
I thought this was a small update, but then I reviewed all my changes and I surprised myself!
- Collect "relics" in adventure mode.
- Be a spectator with the new AI versus AI mode.
- Occasional ambient music.
- Bishop/Rook slide range editor increased from 0-3 to 0-5
- Choose piece movement animation …
This small update is all about convenience features and bugfixes.
- Fixed a bug where the AI thinks a very long time then makes illegal moves.
- Undo button in the board editor.
- Drag release drift.
- Swap button for white/black when placing pieces in the board editor.
- New piece abilities: move …
Before I ramble too much about the random board generator, I must thank:
- Luigi Annicchiarico
- Johan Estévez
- Selianin Alexander
- for volunteering to fully and thoroughly edit my Italian, Spanish, and Russian translations! This was a lot of work. More than most people may realize. Internally, ChessCraft has over 500 different …
This is a fun one! Ever since I started working on ChessCraft in January 2018, I've wanted "iron pieces". I've published 1.7 on Google Play - it will be available to you sometime in the next few days when Google approves it.
This is one of my oldest feature ideas …
Apparently, some of you have been very busy making lots and lots of custom boards and pieces. A popular request is to sort and filter your creations, so here it is!
So you could, for example, see a list of only boards that you've created sorted small to big.