I just released version 1.1 which is my first patch for ChessCraft! Thanks everyone for the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) feedback.
Slapped by Google Bots
I had a hickup this morning where ChessCraft was briefly taken off Google Play but all seems fine now.
For the record, I will never monetise ChessCraft with ads. Also, I have no interest in collecting or selling personal information. Why? ChessCraft is my dream hobby project and all that just sounds dirty.
- Many, many UI and UX enhancements based on user feedback.
- Win, loss, and draw statistics for all boards. For now, this information can be found in the "identify board" popups.
- Insufficient material draws.
- Many new one-time conditional tips. For example, explaining en-passant the first time you see it, or suggesting harder boards the first time you beat the hardest difficulty.
- Tweaks to various built-in boards and pieces.
I'm really excited to get working on the next version. This first update was a lot of low hanging fruit and small convenient changes, but 1.2 is going to introduce new fun features. Stay tuned! And let me know if you have any new ideas.